Monday, February 2, 2009

Observation Reflection

While observing the elementary school, Alice Carlson, I felt extremely awkward. I was the only TCU age student simply standing there watching the school and I began to feel the stares from the parents. I simply stood there with my notebook and pen and looked around. I walked around the school and began to take in the smells and air. I began to realize things that I never noticed before as I occasional strolled down Cantey. For instance, the windows of the school have the student's artwork all over and each grade had a project to create. Having been inside this school before, I began to remember the smell of cafeteria lunch and the loudness of a normal classroom, I even remember the smell of the office. It was a mix of the brown paper bag smell and rust mixed with food. A pungent smell that reminded me of my own school. Walking around the halls, I realized that this elementary school is just like TCU; only with thousands less students and obviously not as difficult subjects. But the overall function of a school remained the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment