Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Topic Choice

For this unit two essay, I want to focus on the current state of the nutrition in the United States. More specifically, I want to compare it to other countries and discuss how our culture affects our nutrition. I also want to focus on the negative affects of poor nutrition and how it makes people more susceptible to diseases, like diabetes and high cholesterol. I think that this topic would be interesting because it is something that we all deal with on a day to day basis. The media also affects us because the amount of advertising put into trying to persuade people to eat certain kinds of food.

Or, I am also considering doing study abroad and the effects a different culture has on a person's education. How adjusting to a new country can be both difficult and exciting and how foreigners meet new people. I cannot decide between the two subjects right now, but I think I am leaning more towards nutrition and healthy living.

No comments:

Post a Comment