Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Research Thoughts

I found researching to be a very difficult task because there is so much material that could possibly be used but I never knew if it was a primary source. I had a difficult time with deciding what to use because what I thought might be a primary source, was later described as secondary. It also seemed that all the useful information was that from secondary sources. I do not think that secondary sources are less useful; in fact, they proved to not only be easier to find, but easier to interpret. I felt that having to narrow my search to primary sources headed me in a direction with weak sources.The sources I used were primary accounts and gave detail, but did not seem to be nearly as detailed as the secondary. Which seems contradictory to everything we talked about in class, but just from simply researching, that is what I have observed.

The connections among my sources all point in the same direction because it seemed impossible to find any conflicting information. I could never really find exactly what I was looking for, and that was a primary source reflection from someone who had studied abroad in a document form. I had no problem finding people who I know are studying abroad or even reading testimonials from TCU. ButI wanted a perspective from someone not affiliated with TCU, so that other college students could relate as well. With the same approach from all my topics, I am forced to create my own approach from interpreted data.

No comments:

Post a Comment