Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Finn-author's not Final unit 2

As a whole, I think this portfolio has developed well from when I first started. Even though I completely changed 3 of my sources,I think it was worth the extra time to pull better sources on my topic. From the two source pre-write, to the drafts is where is where I saw the most dramatic change because it forced me to really put the paper together. I had to not only summarize the source, but analyze which I found to be the most difficult task.
This final draft I think has a nice flow with coherent sources that all take slightly different opinions on study abroad. I think I was able to transition well from each source and keep the paper flowing nicely so the reader can follow along. I think my chosen sources balance each other well and strengthen the analysis. My only real concern at this point, is that I did not walk the reader through enough analysis while summarizing. But I made a decision to do all the summarizing first so the reader knew the source's background and viewpoint, and then analyze their rhetorical strategies. Though this might seem out of order, I felt it made the paper flow better overall. Enjoy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment