Monday, March 9, 2009

author's note-draft 1

I like my draft of this essay but I think it still needs a lot of work. I have good sources, but I think I need better transitions. I need a way to connect all the sources into my thesis- which I am still changing because I am not sure how to incorporate all the sources yet. I feel like I have a good mix of personal experiences and actual facts from the Institute of International Education, a very reliable source. I think that I might rely too much on this source and might need to mix it up a little bit.
I absolutely hate my intro but could think of anything else while I was writing. Please feel free to give me any suggestions because I need them!
I like my conclusion a lot and I think my body paragraphs are solid- but could be better. I want the reader to understand the importance on a personal and national level but I still don't know if that is too broad or not. I feel like I did a good job balancing these two views. One last thing, I don't know if I did too much summary of each source and not enough analysis; I don't know if we are even supposed to put analysis in something we can't give our opinion about.

No comments:

Post a Comment